The Postgraduate Conference, Nottingham Conference Centre, 6-9th July 2016
The Postgraduate Committee organises its own event prior to the main annual BSC conference. The BSC Postgraduate Conference is an opportunity to discuss work in progress in a friendly and supportive environment. It also provides a forum for gaining constructive feedback from peers and a chance to engage in what we hope will be lively debate with other postgraduate criminologists. The conference also presents an opportunity to meet a number of established scholars in an informal setting. The Postgraduate conference is open to all post graduate students and there are student bursaries available.
The call for papers, draft agenda and registration for this year’s Conference, ‘Inequalities in a Diverse World’, are now available:
Conference website: http://www.criminologyconference.com/
Conference email: BSC2016@britsoccrim.org
Thanks to the generosity of Hart Publishing and The Centre for Law Enforcement and Public Health, we are offering number of postgraduate bursaries to attend this year’s conference.
Each bursary will cover the full conference fee for one PhD student, and accommodation for three nights (5th to 7th July inclusive).
You can apply for a postgraduate bursary if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
1. You are presenting a paper at the BSC Conference 2016
2. You are a registered PhD student (full-time or part-time)
3. You are a member of the British Society of Criminology (BSC)
How to apply
To apply for a bursary you must submit:
- Your completed bursary application form
- Your completed abstract submission form
- A letter of support from your PhD supervisor on institutional headed paper. This should also confirm that you are a registered PhD student and indicate your year of study.
Please send ALL THREE documents together by email to Claire Davis (Chair of the British Society of Criminology Postgraduate Committee) at email@example.com Please make it clear in the subject line that it is a bursary application form.
Please note, the deadline for bursaries has been extended to the deadline for abstract submission – which is Monday 23rd May 2016.